Where: Camberwell Library meeting rooms 1&2, 340 Camberwell Road, Camberwell VIC 3124.
If you live interstate – then sign up for the zoom series and we can gather that way.
What will your four or five be? Last time we saw (I only thought to take a few reference photos unfortunately):
- Tim’s postcards from the Art Nouveau period showing state shields;
- Claire had some found items from clearing out being undertaken by neighbours including some excellent condition beer labels and one relating to her own family for a business in Richmond (an order book with some nice illustrations);
- David had a delightful and surprisingly small Gould League certificate and a small publication marking 25 years of a Melbourne printer, with photographs of all aspects of the workplace;
- Lyndel’s ephemera of nibs – some wonderful advertising and information sheets that came with the nibs;
- Andrew went for an aviation theme with some lovely 1950s, 60s graphics;
- Debra had a huge album of Christmas card samples – from a salesman’s book;
- Kristen from Deakin Uni threw light:
- Hi all – re: the Christmas card album; it’s by Lonsdale and Bartholomew. I don’t know much about them other than they seem to have cornered the market in Australia in printing cards and novelties before WWII. We’ve got a few albums of cards in the Special Collection at Deakin, and a nice little brochure of their products which we’ve digitised. This is the link to the catalogue record which gives you a link to the digitised item; you can cut and paste it into your browser if you’re interested –https://library.deakin.edu.au/record=b3488018~S1
- Ed also went for travel with a South Australian theme – starting with brochures with illustrations rather than photographs, and then some tickets and handbills for activities in rural SA.;
- John Dean brought along a box of old and interesting material – I managed to get my hands on two items – shown here. Thanks John.
- I (Mandy Bede) bought some regional greeting cards – and as we had just ended a heat wave advertising for home delivery of lemonade.
After the show and telling we then had some snacks and a closer look a the material that everyone had brought.
Come along next time – 16 June 2023 6-8pm, Camberwell Library Meeting Rooms – 340 Camberwell Road Camberwell Vic. Refreshments are provided so we need you to RSVP to Ed Jewell edjewell @ optusnet.com.au