This is our parent Society. The Ephemera Society of Australia was established thanks to the efforts of visiting curator, Honor Godfrey, who was a very active participant of the UK Ephemera Society before and after her time in Melbourne. The Society was established in 1975.
This site has quite a modest tone but plenty of interesting material on it:
- ‘News’ includes information about upcoming Society events and new books of interest to ephemerists;
- ‘Links’ is a great list of societies, clubs, museums and other institutional collections. Each entry on the list is usefully annotated with some brief notes;
- ‘Item of the month’ features a range of material, sometimes with notes. There is an archive of these monthly items available via the menu on the right of this web page. Once you choose a year, you get a list of month with item description;
- ‘Articles’ also cover a great range with an archive easily accessed. Examples include: car park tickets; funeralia; invasions; and film;
- ‘Queries’ which follows the same formula of a good illustration with question and answer and an archive.
You can follow the Society on Facebook and get alerts to changes on the site.